
I could have been so much the better of what I was.
I blew up my last chance. For pete's sake, I didn't do anything. I just sat there doing nothing, spacing out, busying myself with the cheap entertainment the television offered, and distracting my attention from him by amusing myself with the fashion-suicide ensemble of Bea Alonzo.
I could have at least let him live a fancy life even for just a day. I could have bought him a nice chocolate ice cream or maybe a to-go hawaiian pizza. I could have watched fast and furious or even batman with him. My gosh, I didn't even engage in a long and profound conversation with him not even a meaningful utterance of "goodbye".
Truth of the matter, I failed to make a person happy. I failed to show a person what's left in this world of inequality and prejudice. I failed to make a person feel the opposite of what I've always been feeling. And because of what I've failed to do, which I regret, I let him end up like me... soulless and empty.
I could have been so much the better of what I was... what I still am.
