Things I've finished doing today:
(1) Submit Shifting Form
(2) Visit J.C.
(3) Read Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
(3) Read Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
(4) Buy Coffee Shop Diary
(5) Visit Seattle's Best Coffee
Things I haven't finished doing today:
(1) Submit another shifting form
(2) Read American Gods
(3) Buy Victorian Powder Paper
(4) Watch Episodes 8-10 of Skins Season 2
(5) Download Norah's playlist for Nick
Random musings for today (some I wrote on my CSD, some came from nowhere):
(1) Whenever I go to Fully Booked, I never fail to check up on Pascal Mercier's Night Train To Lisbon
(2) Why the hell do I have to put up with these Business - ever so serious - men seated beside me? Does it mean I have to go now? But, they are kind of interesting... their words interest me.
(3) I find it easier to write at coffee shops. The words just easily flow out of my head.
(4) I'm in love with he said/she said stories.
(5) I want to know how to play the violin.
(6) I love this kind of weather. I find it hard to hate June even though it marks the beginning of classes.
(7) With that said, I realized I love learning. Ergo, I love going to school. Ergo, I love June.
(8) And lastly, I think I'm beginning to have a strong fascination towards Judaism. Their Tikkun Olam concept starts to grow on me. The ideas that the world had been broken into pieces, and we, trying to put the pieces back together seem so moving and believable. It somehow explains all of this to me.
I shouldn't want the song to end. I always think of each night as a song. Or each moment as a song. But now I'm seeing we don't live a single song. We move from song to song, from lyric to lyric, from chord to chord. There is no ending here. It's an infinite playlist.
-Nick O'Leary, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

