I knew something would happen today. I stayed up late, which i don't normally do nowadays, for the mere pressure of this gut-feel expectancy.
To kill time (before the anticipated event), I searched the net for news about The Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill most commonly known as the Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill. I dug more information about how BP contains and prevents the massive oil spill, how the federal government of the US of A is responding to this environmental fiasco, and how people and the whole ecology cope.
I was introduced to chemical jargons, which made me feel happy because I remembered my Chem 17 lab and Chem 28.1 days. This sense of nostalgia made me yearn for more Chemistry lab and lectures. For a brief moment, I felt privileged to study, to learn, to explore new things, to operate spectrophotometers, to identify chemical compounds, to know what bioremediation and density are, and to just understand what the hell those engineers and scientists were talking about. I felt like I'm on the right track in seeking the purpose of my life. To know about those things was like :"> and :"(!
After a while, I logged in on facebook. I was taken aback to find out that my dearest UP Chemistry Pav was on fire! I couldn't imagine what gross chemical reactions might take place! I couldn't imagine Manang Chem Guard in state of utter shock and bewilderment (She was very close to my heart even though I do not know her name)! I couldn't imagine Manong Glassblower with his crummy eyes, trying to put off the fire!
I still do not know how much the damage is. I just want to know for certain that I'd be going to the same lab rooms with the same smell and the same scenes with the same glassblowers and the same utilities.
*Sighs*
