Sunday, September 5

Life is a Battle



I had a not so good Saturday. I woke up late, so I missed the game. My mind kept on telling me that I could still make it to the 2nd quarter (Still in denial mode), so I dragged my hurried, sleep-starved self across the seat of the jeepney.

Unluckily, I made it to North ave station with almost no time left for me to get off at Cubao station, walk 175 meters to the taxi stop, and ride the taxi that would take me to Pinaglabanan. I still carried on though - it would be such a waste of a day in my short short short life if I wouldn't make the most out of this fine fine fine Saturday. So, I decided to take a good long walk around Cubao, and hang around TriNoma after.

I spent a good deal of time observing things and contemplating about life. I sat on one of the round benches in front of the GAP store in Trinoma, because you see, I am very very very addicted and inspired with their Black Magic Collection.


I like simple and manly clothes now because I am secretly trying to lead the life of a Buddhist Alphafemale. I do not exactly know how, but I know its virtues - simplicity, unworldliness, independence, dominance, and knowledge.

Back in 2008, I used to wear clothes that are lacy, ruffled, floral, polka-dotted, sparkling, pastel in color... etc. You know, clothes that are too much. Now, my sense of style dictates me to buy checkered baggy polos, boyfriend shirts, guy's striped polos, guy's sexy lazy sandos, and baggy everything. Ya, I am slowly slowly slowly looking more boyish at the moment, but I am surely a girl. So please do not judge me... I just think that if one is to become an alphafemale, she must destroy the clothing barrier. Remember how Coco Chanel revolutionized the world of fashion?

Anyway, while I was observantly dissecting Gap's ensemble, a lady I was sharing the bench with handed me a pamphlet that says, "Comforts for the Depressed". I glanced at it briefly, and continued to my fashion dissection. However, the assumption that the lady probably gave me a pamphlet because I looked like one of the depressed people was enough to distract me. This distraction was heightened even more when I realized that the lady was eyeing me like I need some medical help or divine intervention. I was so very very very unbearably distracted and annoyed, so I quickly grabbed my notebook, and wrote,

Today, I was given a pamphlet of "Comforts for the Depressed". My life has been pretty f*cked-up, but I am not depressed. I fight the pain. That's life, you see."

After I finished my 30-minute observation, I proudly walked away from the round foamy sea-green bench without ever looking back.