Wednesday, November 10

Use your eyes, the world goes and flutters by.


So my dinner was like this: 1 pint of Ben and Jerry's Pistachio Pistachio, 2 slices of Calzones, and 1 large S & R French fries. Not a very healthy dinner ya? But I'd die anyway, so there is really nothing to lose. And in the event that I die tomorrow, which is not a very good day to die because it's a hanging day (Friday is supposed-to-be the best day to die because it's the end of the school calendar week), I had experienced temporary happiness and ate my favorite ice cream and favorite junk food and favorite turnover in the whole planet Earth. And I can finally say that, "Man, I thought I wouldn't, but I did. I did die happy."



My music player is currently on loop playing Lilikoi Boy by Jónsi. The thing that sets Jónsi apart from other Icelandic musicians is that his songs are very much high-spirited and optimistic. He makes me think about trampling happily on a grass field and not caring if my white dress gets muddy, or my face is streaked with dirt and summer sweat. He has a very ethereal voice, and when he sings, it's like fairies dance around him in a roundabout manner.

I have found out that he was the frontman of Sigur Rós, which is an equally cheerful and delicately-sounding (if there exists such word) band. I admire that Jónsi is a raw food vegan and openly gay. His honesty and sincerity reverberate in every song that he sings, and that, for me, is something so extraordinary. And you see, I don't even understand some of the words that he utters.

I also think he is very cute in his colorful vagabond-ish outfit while he strums his sexy baritone ukulele (See, it is really possible that people who play/appreciate the ukulele find each other across the world in some way!).

On some other news, my professor in English 12 likes Russia too! He even professed that he dreams of going to Moscow, and seeing The Red Square. He said that Russia is  incomparable to other countries because it is very different in a good way. It cannot be distinguished as European or Asian. He said that Russia is just you know... Russia.

We are going to read Dostoevsky's Notes From Underground and Tolstoy's War and Peace. We will also watch Russian movies, and I. CANNOT. WAIT. TO. LEARN. MORE. ABOUT. RUSSIA. I know I have quite a good knowledge about Russia because I've been reading Fodor's travel guide to Russia and Belarus, which is about a thousand pages, and am learning to speak Russian. But, there are still many things I don't know about  this vast, vast country!

One of my greatest dreams is to embark on a trip to Russia via the Trans-siberian Express...


...because I desire to conquer the longest railway in the world and momentarily stop time. :>