Keane's right. I realized that I do not actually fall in love with things because I love them the way they are. Take for example, my unconditional love for The Killers, I, probably, am just extremely faithful to them because that's how I perceive myself to be - I am Indie. Truth be told, I like Teenage Dream and Stars are Blind, but I gotta say that I don't ever want to be associated with Katy Perry and Paris Hilton because that's just not who I am. So when I picked Day and Age out of the rack of International artists in Odyssey, which includes Avril Lavigne's Let Go, I was actually choosing who I want myself to be. And in that way, I am a fan of The Killers because I love myself. Gerrit Gerrit? Hehe.
Today, my mother was telling me about my grandparents' cruise to Bermuda. She said that when I become rich in the future, I must take my Tita to a cruise like that of Lola's (Because Tita gave me such a beautiful gift!). Then it got me to thinking that I do not imagine myself rich 10 or 15 years from now. So I told her, "Ma, I don't plan to be rich. I just want to go to places practically and just see Russia for myself." Mama was quite astounded because being rich and successful was what she has signed up for for me. Although she didn't actually say it to me, I just knew it what with her prolonged silence and interrupted gestures. I was waiting for her to say things like, "But you'd be pitiful. No one's gonna help you when we die.", and I could not bear to see her disappointed and let down. But in those tensed seconds, she uttered the words that I had been waiting for her to say: "As long as you're healthy and happy, I'll be healthy and happy for you too." I(!) JUST(!) WANT(!) TO(!) HUG(!) HER(!) FIERCELY(!) AND(!) MONSTROUSLY(!)(!)(!) OH GAH (!) :"<<<<<<.
We went to Greenbelt today and it just didn't appeal to me anymore. People look like they're showcasing how much they're worth. Every time I see a man or a woman holding a cup of Starbucks coffee, I see a kid in dire need of potable water or a family getting by days and nights without a roof over their heads. Don't get me wrong, I am not hating people who love Starbucks's coffees, I am just feeling a little tricked by how the current system works. If there is someone to blame, there is none. It is definitely no one's fault because it is ours.



