Saturday, February 19

Yours

The Life That I Have
Leo Marks

The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
The love that I have
Of the life that I have
Is yours and yours and yours
A sleep I shall have
A rest I shall have
Yet death will be but a pause
For the peace of my years
In the long green grass
Will be yours and yours
And yours

Didn't know that this poem was used as a poem code in the second world war. Anyway I will recite this later in my lola and lolo's wedding. I find it really hard to say things that are not as honest as I think they are, so I opted to resolve this by recounting someone else's truthful and sincere words. And the best thing about it is it's music to my ears (and I hope to my grandparents's ears too)... just like hugging a friend who you loved so much but never had the chance to be more telling with.