what’s happening around us is too scary/too soon. 101500+/- will be injured. 33500+/- will be dead. there will be a total blackout. airports will temporarily be closed. about 4000 high-rise buildings will collapse. there’s no stopping it. and it’s happening too fast, too soon. we’re still coping from the last wreckage. we need a go signal or a precautionary yielding before the breakage. like necking [re: ductile materials] or an utterance of ‘good bye’ before the realization hits. I want to be ready and obviously everyone wants to, but what does it take to be “prepared”? should I go stock up? rebuild our ancient house? bring necessary first aid kits and whistle at all times? will I be sure that I and the people I care the most will survive when I do that? what is assurance anyway? isn’t this the daily occurrences that metamorphosed into something so sudden and destructive?
I just want to tuck in the people I care about, safe and sound under the blanket of fear and love.
