These past few days, I have been glued watching the television. Since we have different DVDs varying from series, koreanovelas, anime, movies and j-doramas, I can't help myself from turning the TV and DVD player on (for the whole day) and proving to everyone that I am a certified couch potato.
It's quite weird that I do not watch local tv shows or even cable shows. I get upset when I cannot pause a scene or rewind my most favorite episode of the show.
There was a time when I was watching Pride and Prejudice in HBO that I felt like answering my call of nature. I wanted to go to the bathroom but, I know that the next scene (I watched it several times) would be the time when Lizzie was about to know that Mr. Darcy loved her. I intended to run fast to the bathroom, but something in my mind told me that I would regret missing my most favorite scene. Having been defeated, I stayed in my seat controlling the disturbing feeling to urinate. I quickly went to the CR after the show was finished but unfortunately, I lose the race to “Mr. Call of nature” receiving the consolation prize of wet pajamas. Whoa.
From then on, I suddenly returned to watching movies in my DVD player. I was distressed in watching shows or movies that I cannot control.
I asked my classmates why they prefer to buy DVDs of their most-awaited shows than watch those in the television. They, obviously, said that they do not want to wait for countless days to watch a show that they can “marathon” for just a day. I continued to find more reasons, then one of my classmates said
“Ang sarap kasi i-pause ng paborito kong scene sa Grey’s Anatomy tapos titigan ko lang si McDreamy. Haay. Pag sa studio 23 o sa Star World, dyahe kasi eh. Hindi ko ma-ipause or maulit.”Well, we have the same reasons why we prefer to buy DVDs. We get many advantages that only DVD can offer. Imagine, I could take a picture of Patrick Dempsey in his most hilarious face just by pausing the scene. Yay!
I think everyone feels the same. We want to manipulate things to satisfy ourselves. We feel distraught if we do not get what we desire or if things happen the opposite of what we planned. People are manipulative creatures. Even animals, I must say.
Being the manipulative creatures that we are, selfishness will eventually get in the way. This might lead to aggravating and alarming issues. For once, we may become dictators like Hitler. We may commit crimes like those ex-convicts. We may become constant liars like Pinocchio or sadly, we might die just because we, in every possible way, are the self-centered, egotistical creatures that we confess.
Whoa, so you see, watching DVDs can be fatal for us.
Anyway, it is just a theory. It depends to you if you want to think the same as I think.
