Saturday, April 10

GUESS WHO'S BACK?

I WAS NOT DEAD. I DID NOT FALL OFF THE FACE OF THE WORLD. AND I CERTAINLY WAS NOT ABDUCTED BY ALIENS FROM JUPITER OR MARS.

I was taking a break... with relationships, with responsibilities, with blogging, with facebook-ing, with the world i've revolved around in for the past 5 months.

Now, I'm ready to face yet another onslaught of commitments and responsibilities, of loves and hates, of happiness and sadness. I am ready to devour the acad world yet again.


SO WHAT HAVE I BEEN UP TO?

I had gotten used to living in the world of zombies, and make-believe sim cities. I woke up without the sun rising, I ate very nice quality $12 fruit parfaits, I bathed in black granite bathtubs, and after that, I went hunting for witches, boomers, hunters, and smokers.

But being immersed in those worlds was really exhausting. My eyes started to dilate and bulge, my hands got numb, and my dreams were haunted by run-down churches and abandoned old houses.

Eventually I gave up because boredom and stress finally ate me up. That's when I realized that even in those perfectly made-up worlds where dreams are made of, a person could still feel that everything wasn't enough. A person still has needs and wants.

What a sad realization it was really. Because a perfect world won't ever suffice for an imperfect human being.

Off to the real world. Bye.