So I haven't finished reading "I Was Amelia Earhart", and I didn't want to finish it because I do not want to say good bye to the book. I have been doing this strange habit since... well... erm... I lost track really. But one thing's for sure, I do not like the pain of bidding farewell to a book, like saying "good night" to a very good night.
Lately, I have been feeling... detached. With school, with friends, with uni life... I only feel one with nature and with myself.
I remembered that afternoon, when the sun was about to kiss the horizon, and Mr. Lanuza was discussing about Jean Jacques Rosseau and the Romantic period. I remembered clearly the faces of my Soc Sci 2 classmates and the pink-tinged sky and Mr. Lanuza's eager face. And I was thinking to myself of how much I would want to travel in time, and inhale the cold sweet smell of the Romantic period's air or hang around by the red oak trees and write letters of melancholy and ache. I have always been playing that scene in my head... The Romantic period, and the big dancing tress by the river, and Roseau sitting under a big red oak, and lazily writing his Reveries of a Solitary Walker.
And who would forget that Edgar Allan Poe, Jane Austen, Mozart, and Beethoven came from this period?
And Eugene Delacroix's Liberty Leading The People was one of the great Romantic masterpieces?
Because of this strong fascination I have with the Romantic period, I have been reading "The Sorrows of Young Werther", which influenced the Romantic literary movement, in between writing my formal report for MatE 3, and studying centroids of rigid bodies.
The facts that:
1. This book led to some of the first known copycat suicides...
2. This was Napoleon Bonaparte's favorite book to the point that he wrote a soliloquy in Goethe's style in his youth, and brought the book in his campaigning to Egypt...
...intensified my great interest with Werther and his deep sorrows.
I'm going to end this post with,
+1830+-+Eugene+Delacroix+-+www.eugenedelacroix.jpg)
