Saturday, August 21

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAREST BROTHER. MAY YOUR WINGS STRETCH AND EXPAND UNTIL IT CAN NO LONGER FIT IN THIS WORLD, AND TAKE YOU TO PLACES YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN BEFORE. I LOVE YOU WITH MY POOR POOR HEART. :">

I think I have eaten too much today.

I had Lumpiang Ubod, Pancit, and Grilled Tuna in the convention I attended for my Bio class. It was complimentary, so uhm, I had no choice but to eat everything on my plate. Of course, all those four weren't served simultaneously, but filling my stomach every 2 hours with solids was a real dreadful experience. It was like trying to drink a gallon of water straight down.

The convention, on the other hand, was successful (I think) and crowded. I do not know why, but I did enjoy the event even though most of the students seemed to have fallen asleep during the long talks about cloning and intracytoplasmic fertilization.

The fact that Jacqui, my Bio1 friend, was busy doing her econ101(?) reviewer helped me a lot to focus on just listening and taking down notes. You see, I'm a big chatterbox, and the only thing that stops me from randomly commenting about anything under the sun is when the person I'm with is seriously busy with something, or when I'm in a real pissed-off mood.

Jacqui and I ditched the last part of the event because she had to attend another school-related event, and I needed to celebrate my brother's birthday.

On the way, we saw a mini-bazaar just outside the auditorium. I bought a black beaded-bracelet that only cost me 75 pesos. Very cute ya know?!

And we also noticed the very very unnoticeably cool and innovative science displays at the lobby of NISMED.

I've been to NISMED a dozen times, but I didn't ever intend to spare a glance at these displays. You see, they were randomly placed all over the not-so-spacious ground, and most of them were covered with dirt. Who would even move a muscle to try out the "Conductor/Insulator" display when you see cobwebs sprouting across the glass's surface, Huh Huh huH?!

The radial symmetry thingy. 
This just shows that jellyfish and starfish are radially symmetrical.


In motion.

After that, I headed to TriNoma, and met up with Mama and Jairo. We then went to EDSA Shang, and imbibed the peacefulness and calmness of Shang's atmosphere. 

If I were to choose one mall in the world that I'd own, it would definitely be EDSA Shang. You see, I truly embrace the feeling of placelessness and anonymity when my I'm inside this luxurious and harmonious place.

And they play classical music! And Starbucks is situated at the top-most floor with such a captivating view (the photo)! And EDSA Shang's cinema is beautiful to say the least!

So, please dearest Buddha and God and Allah, let me have the money to buy EDSA Shangrila. Just kidding. Not.

That's all. K Bye.