Tuesday, August 10

"You Kick Up the Leaves and the Magic is Lost"



I've gone through a series of unfortunate events today.

On the way to school, the first thing that played on my iPod was "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter. I thought, "Hey, what a good song to start a potentially good day." I felt my body siphoning the happiness and cheerfulness and peacefulness off the world as I sang my happy-zappy song! Felt like the hairs of my body began to sway in sync with the way my head nodded from one side to the other. I was so happy I could forget all my nurtured pride and cultivated angst to save the world from drowning with vengeful and unloving people.

And to top it all of, I arrived in my Physics 73 class early despite of waking up later than the usual. I thought to myself, "YO BUDDHA AND PAPA GOD AND AFFABLE ALLAH, THANK YOU FOR GUIDING ME TO THIS PEACEFUL PATH OF SEIZING THE DAY." I was so sure that this was gonna be my lucky day.

As I happily answered our quiz, I felt like I was stepping onto something slippery and watery. You may well guess that I didn't seem to care. No one and nothing can destroy my early morning beaming mood you see. Not unless you prank me with a cockroach or a rat surprise. Arg. :[

But being the obsessive-compulsive me, I could not seem to ignore that tugging feeling down below. You know, that feeling that bursts within you like an annoying street kid pulling one's unwrinkled shirt?

So, I  investigated the scene down under, and to my great disbelief, I saw a large pool of water enclosing my feet and my bag in a randomly circular manner. I later found out that, my 700-mL container fell on the floor, and spilled what-could-be 500-mL of distilled H2O.

This pretty much resembles my water bottle. Do not be fooled by its ergonomic design. It urinates ghastly like an orang gutan who hasn't released its self for 517986423186 gazilion years!

I wanted to cry because my planner and mini journal were flooded, and my mini-laptop sank without hopes to be rescued. I wanted to cry because I wasn't the one to blame. I wanted to cry so much and so hard and so  intense... but I didn't because that would be too much wasting of precious water. Ha ha ha.

So anyway... after that the series of my misfortunes began:

(1) I didn't meet my First Long Exam in MatE11 goal.
(2) I nearly got thrashed out of a jeepney.
(3) I put up a mini fight with Mama.
(4) I wasn't able to answer our ES11 lab.

Very pathetic and pitiful ya???????

So ya Daniel Powter, I thank you for this oh-so-wonderful-shiny-sunny-"BAD DAY".

AND OMG, nakakita na ako ng babaeng nakasabit sa jeep! MY IDOL FOREVAH AND EVAH AND EVER AND EVAH AMEN. Very manly girl who must be the type who listens to Led Zeppelin and plays Basketball and eats quarterpounder burgers, without thinking about how much fat she'd gain... VERY VERY ALPHAFEMALE YA!

K bye.