Yesterday, after the exam in MatE 11, I had the luxury of time to explore the metro. I didn't plan my day ahead, so I let my feet take me anywhere. All I know was that I was going to ride the MRT, and buy books.
To start my one day exploration, I decided to first have my lunch. I ordered Chicken fillet, and occupied a two-seater table in Macs.
As I was satisfactorily eating my lunch, I noticed a man of about 65 searching for an empty table. He got my attention because he looked like he just came from a life-changing job interview, had a bad bad bad bad bad day, and tried very hard to ace the interview because he wanted to buy his grandson a new pair of rubber shoes. Then, it came to me how much cruelty and unluckiness and unhappiness and injustice there are in this world.
Next thing I know, Lolo had just spilled his big cup of coke onto the the table of the doodle girl. She was obviously annoyed (because her doodle notebook seemed to have been blotched with coke stains) and looked like she just got peed on by a feral cat. Lolo, on the other hand, kept on saying "sorry" to the girl and seemed to have just committed the gravest crime in the whole humankind.
I thought the girl was a gentle spirit, and would disregard the matter, BUT NO, SHE ROLLED HER EYES AT LOLO AND TYPED SOMETHING ON HER PHONE TO RUN AWAY FROM THE VERY AWKWARD AND UNLUCKY SITUATION.
Lolo, having had his worst day in his life, sat forlornly on the chair adjacent to the girl, and stole constant glances at her. He must have been hoping for something - a sign, a gesture, a hum - from the girl that could make his heart a little lighter and warmer.
I was so utterly disheartened and burdened for Lolo. He didn't know what to do anymore to make his day brighter if not bright. It was as if he was the unluckiest of the most unlucky being in this world. He didn't ace his interview, had little money in his pockets, couldn't buy another coke, and had shared his unluckiness to an 18-year old who doodles and smiles at her doodles.
How can he not feel like it's the end of the world when he just made a little smiling, doodling girl unhappy because he was so unlucky and clumsy???
So, I thought of buying him a new drink (maybe the large one) to make his heart lighter and warmer like a 5-am oven-hot pan de sal.
Lolo, I wish your heart is as light as a pan de sal at this moment. There is still hope to fight to the edge of the world!
I was in the middle of standing-up-and-buying-the-lolo-a-coca-cola and sitting-down-and-see-what's-gonna-happen-next, when Louie, the Mac crew who said 'good morning' to me on my way to the restroom, handed Lolo a new cup of coke... WITH A BIG WIDE DECEMBER SMILE ON HIS FACE.
!!!!!
I realized, kindness still exists in this world! There is still hope if we could all be "Louie" in our own ways.
To Louie, YOU ARE THE MAN!
You deserve A BRO FIST!
Then, I continued my exploration, and nothing as life-changing as the Mcdo Lolo happened to me. :"> One of a kind right?!
That is all, bye.
P.S. I wish Lolo could read my blog, and Louie could bro-fist me through the internet. I'd be happy like the Wow Philippines cup of coffee in the picture above. :>


