Thursday, December 9

Nature Vs Men



I was so sleepy all throughout the day because I didn't have my energy-boosting cup of coffee.

In English 12, I was nearly on the brink of dozing off when my professor asked me this question: If you were a concubine, would you be in agreement of expropriating the lands of your master?

I didn't understand the question at all. The words "concubine" and "expropriating" were foreign to my ears, and my brain was suspended in a colloidal solution, like it was on the boundary of waking up and sleeping in. Random thoughts were pulsating inside my head such as "I don't like to learn about Mao Zedong or Chiang Kai-shek", "Where should I eat afterwards?", "I should have slept earlier.", "OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD. My brain is paralyzed. I will soon faint in front of all these people. Ohgah, the shame!!!", "OMYYYYGOOOOSH WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY BRAIN???", but mostly it was all, "OMYOMYOMY. THINK AGAIN. THINK MARX, CAMUS, NIETZCHE... WHAT WOULD THEY SAY IF ASKED ABOUT CONCUBINAGE???"

After about a minute, I said, "No. Sir, I think it is better if the lands were given to us instead. You know, like shared and distributed equally." Sir answered, "So long as you get to have all the lands huh? Doesn't matter if you bear 5 kids or more?" And I answered, "Yes sir."

The stupid me, after 10 minutes, realized that what I have just told my professor was plain redundant. Expropriate means to dispossess a person of ownership, and I just translated all of it in layman's terms.

Lesson: Sleep early. Eat healthy. Drink water. Pay attention. Listen. Think. Think. Think. Exercise thinking and sleeping. Exercise thinking and sleeping again. Exercise thinking and sleeping cyclically. But mostly, sleep regularly. Having a good night's sleep really does wonders for the mind and body.