My English 12 professor proposed to include sexuality in our class's syllabus. Instead of discussing Goethe's Faust, he wanted us to take up pornographic readings, and engage in an orgy as our final exam. Of course, we know that he was just joking around. Of course, we know that it couldn't be possible what with the church and the government's blatant objection. And of course, most of us, including myself didn't take the matter seriously because sex is the kind of topic people talk about to be entertained.
But when my professor asked me directly if I wanted to enroll in such a class, I shocked myself with my partly-serious/partly-casual answer, "OF COURSE NO! Sir, it's obscene!".
You see, I like to think of myself as a sexual being, because I know we all are. I have a penchant for subjects that delve in sexuality issues because it's something that we can't talk about easily. So, I really couldn't believe that I would oppose such an interesting and controversial course subject if ever get approved.
Sir asked me why I think of it as an obscene idea, and I explained to him that the thought of going to school, walking around campus, etc. without my clothes on is just totally NOT my thing. I mean, hello, those parts aren't called PRIVATE for no reason at all. I don't want to go messing around with the word PRIVATE and confuse it with the word PUBLIC. My "parts" are PRIVATE not PUBLIC, ya right?
And besides, I don't ever want to think of my school as an institution that breeds hedonistic people and creates a society whose main thrust is on mankind's carnal desires. However sexually liberal I am (Thanks to my sexuality subjects!), I still know for sure that there are far more knowledgeable and interesting activities that people can engage in to experience ultimate and unsurpassed ecstasy such as travelling, imbibing the culture of other countries, getting a college degree, being the best at playing a particular musical instrument etc.
I would just like to reserve sex later in life, because right now, sex won't be beneficial for building my dream railways, innovating people's lives, and discovering more about the world we live in, and beyond.
But don't get me wrong, I'm not in opposition to sex. I'm just, you know... PRO-RH BILL. Thank yews. Byess.
