I finished the edge of reason in just a day. this only attests to how much I am in love with bridget jones. her clumsiness and ability to make the most out of the worst were disarming to the point that I was even considering to be in those dismal and helpless situations in the future. even mark darcy’s infinite, overwhelming love for bridget made me hope for the best for myself too. I don’t even understand how I was completely transformed by this book. It suddenly felt like, for the first time, there really is a ‘true romantic love’.
Helen Fielding’s power over me was just unbelievable.
I both love the first and second books. However, I found myself to be more feeling in bj’s diary’s sequel. it has more content for me, that’s why. I was also strongly fascinated with present relationships. relationships between man and woman that are inclining to break-up. I question how silly little things become full-blown arguments. how one little mistake pushes everything out of track. and then, in the end, everything would turn out rosy and dandy? where’s the reality. I just can’t bring myself to believe in that.
but bridget and mark’s story was believable. I don’t exactly know how that worked out for me. but I’m happy it did because I surely felt the humanity that was lost, for a while, within me.
for humanity, I highly strongly desperately recommend this.
