yesterday my cousins and I’s plan of dilly-dallying didn’t push through, so my mother took us out instead. on the way to gateway, I abruptly recalled how I missed going out with her and my brother every saturday/sunday. we’d have lunch and dinner at some convenient restaurant in the mall; watch a movie, if there is any that appeals to us; and buy necessities such as clothes, grocery etc. the day wouldn’t end without us having a large cup of frozen yoghurt topped off with sliced almonds and mangoes/blueberries at red mango. our conversations only revolved around commonplace topics yet it would be enough for me as I am the person who is more interested in gestures/trifling physical details, trivialities that are not spoken. I like seeing my mother’s eyelids twitch, her effortless walk, my brother’s scrawny legs that appear listless when observed in the middle of a stroll, and his awkward way of laughing at unfunny social occurrences. these I can only keenly notice when I stay behind as they move forward with casual glances at nothing of particular. if and when I list down the things that make me happy this exact way of how I spend saturday/sunday with my mother and brother will be my number 1.
A Sunday smile you wore it for a while.
A Sunday mile we paused and sang.
A Sunday smile you wore it for a while.
A Sunday mile we paused and sang.
A Sunday smile and we felt true.
