Monday, June 13

part 1: the pantry

today is a very good day. I was awoken by sheila’s messages reiterating that I was already needed in chk. so I hurriedly ran a bath and headed to up as leisurely as possible. on the way, sheila texted me that there were no slots left in our desired classes and  that we should hunt down for pes tomorrow at the very least. felt slightly upset since I could have slept the morning away and meet up with ayiene and dana afterwards. but, I was eventually relieved to have realized that I have substantial time to meet up and have lunch with cesca. she accompanied me to get my addmat form in cs, where I coincidentally bumped into ayiene and the other g12 mems. there wasn’t any noticeable change around the circle, as if time purposefully stood still, and that I was still greeted by the same faces I’ve yet to get used to back in 2008. quite fantastically, I found myself embraced like a butterfly in a cocoon by the department that I both love and despise.

on the way to maginhawa, I noticed that a tiny leather wallet sat in the middle of the ikot jeepney’s seat. caught cesca’s attention and pointed at the seemingly lost leather (I enjoy this word) wallet. cesca hesitantly clutched at it and methodically searched for any information about the owner via ids and cards. name known, address known, height known, weight known etc. we didn’t know what to do about it because there wasn’t any contact info so she texted her mother, asking for whatever net knowledge about the boy. as of now, we’re still waiting for the boy’s reply to cesca’s friend.

Photobucket Photobucket

we braved the scorching heat of the sun, in high hopes of finding a restaurant that could satiate our hunger and thirst for food and art. walked for about 10 mins to black soup café only to find out that they were closed. walked a bit more to pino’s restaurant and were surprised to see that they were closed yet again wtf. we didn’t search any longer and settled instead to eat at the pantry. it was a nice little cute restaurant with cushy sofas and wooden seats, the kind that makes you feel at home. yet what dwelled into me until now were the bands crooning away in the background. we were greeted by the calling, followed by savage garden, dashboard confessional etc. told cesca how I associate songs with memories that aren’t that significant yet are drilled into my mind because that’s how I am always reminded about moments in life –through songs. she said with much veracity that it’s how it should go when one loves music passionately.

Photobucket
my seafood marinara

we didn’t find the pantry exquisite or at pino’s level, just plain so-so. but the music and their home brewed iced tea made our day so it was relatively enjoyable. we talked a lot about what’s going on in our lives: her love for travelling, our perceptions about death and the afterlife, sir dante’s sudden death, etc. realized just now that I haven’t told her that I admire sir dante’s being an idealist, how he pursues knowledge through open and curious eyes. I want to have that level of independence, of belong to one’s self wholly and confidently.to die with no regrets, with fulfillment etched across our bodies laden with soil and earthy creatures, is what I dream to be. he must have been so happy right now. like the stars, he’s up there in the vast unknown, still gleaming with joy and illuminated by his love for the universe.


I am tired now and this isn’t still finished. part 2 tomorrow.