Saturday, May 10

The Final Judgment Two

I never thought that I'd take a path where I'll be intensively inclined to computers. Since I was a child, I already realized that I always wanted to do something which requires my creativity and ingenuity. So I always pictured myself living my life as a fashion designer or interior designer.

When I grew older, the few things that I have always enjoyed were drawing, designing clothes and layout making. Among all of these, I tend to take for granted layout making the most because I knew I'm a beginner in this area and that I haven't grabbed the opportunity to widen my knowledge on this.

However, when career options were handed out to us on my senior days, the few undergraduate courses that I've unexpectedly eyed for were Industrial Engineering, Computer Science and Computer Engineering. And that was when it came to me that the thing I take for granted the most was the exact path where I felt like leading my life.

This week, we finally started on preparing our college lives in a University which arrogance aside, is the premier national university in the Philippines. We had our college registration, college orientation and freshmen orientation for two days. Honestly, it was exhausting but then I felt rewarded when this certain realization hit me - yes and finally, I am proudly a certified Iska.

I could go on ranting here how hard and nerve-wracking UPCAT really was but then I thought I'd just give you a glimpse of what I went through just to be one of the Iskos and Iskas. I couldn't think of how I managed to overcome the fears and frustrations I felt when UPCAT results were about to be released. To tell you frankly, I did cry when I finished taking the UPCAT because I wasn't confident with my answers and I actually put everything in the hands of God. But when I saw my name in the UPCAT results, I almost cried again for the grandiose blessing God has given me but then I knew I have to shed my tears because if I don't, again I would stupidly cry for the same reason as to why I cried before - uncertainty. And also, I knew that there were no more doubts of beginning a new chapter of my life in a place where I least expected to be.

Now that I finally made it in UP, I thought to myself what could possibly go wrong?

Listening to: Guilty Pleasure - Cobra Starship