Since I am a gigantic fan of spoilers, I always see to it that I have already read the last page of a book before I read it. So, I leafed through Foer's (because duh I am going to read it first; Bridget Jones's is just too optimistic for me and I am feeling quite pessimistic tonight), and look what I've found:
For many years I have been searching for a book that does not end. I have always believed that a point/dot/period marked/printed on the last page of a good book is like an unwanted and untimely goodbye to a good and beloved friend. And it just certainly makes me want to cry!
Even though Funke said that:
I just cannot help myself but be emotionally unstable when I finish a book, so I always opt to not finish a book. Didn't finish The Deathly Hallows, didn't finish Breaking Dawn, didn't finish Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close etc. I just see the end of the book if it is quite philosophical/serious/not-made-to-make-your-heart-cringe-instead-make-your-mind-cave-in like The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Kafka on The Shore, Crime and Punishment, Einstein's dreams etc.
So anyway these are Bridget Jones's New Year's Resolution (I bought books in a very timely manner huh?!) that I just want to share because I kinda sorta have the same resolutions,only I call it GOALS 2011 for a grander, harder to break promises.
Okay, well not all of those. Don't want to say what is and what's not because they usually get jinxed. Haha. That's about my materialistic Saturday. Good night.
P.S. Did you notice that the end phrase of Everything is Illuminated is "I Will" and the beginning of Bridget Jones's Diary is "I Will" too? OMYGAH, this must mean something! :>



