Tuesday, February 22

I Plan To Do That Someday

The autumn leaves created an invisible blanket as I walked along the pathway. I felt warm and becoming that morning. I smiled a little because no one was looking. I smiled a bit more for smiling too little. I saw a fidgety girl surrounded by pillows and baskets of fruits. A picnic. I plan to do that someday. I walked a bit faster as I was determined to catch up with a friend. Where could he be? Why didn’t he message me? I plan to do that someday.

I reached the stairs to our building… my building,  and I felt safe. It was another invisible blanket, how could have I forgotten! I know the people who live here and I know they know me too. My existence wasn’t coincidental, it was planned like a picnic, like talking, like living. Inside, the walls welcomed me, the columns buckled to a smile, the floors softly creaked and shh-ed and murmured, “You are finally back. We missed you.” But I didn’t say anything. I know better than that. I carried myself upstairs, and thought of his whereabouts. Should I text him? Is it too much? I plan to do that someday.

I felt a pat on my shoulders like a passerby’s sudden smile. It was him, and I felt safe… safer. This is friendship. Feeling safe and knowing that you’re not alone. His words were nice like coffee and a plateful of fruits and bacons in the morning. His eyes were disjointed like limbs so I laughed. Eyes like limbs? Very ingenious! I plan to do that someday.

He accompanied me as I get my daily cup of cold coffee, and he laughed. Out of nowhere. It was a meatball in my tangled life of a spaghetti! So I laughed once again without inhibitions this time. It was carefree and we both knew it. We talked a bit more, and I walked him to his room. Good bye. See you tomorrow. I plan to do that someday.

It was just a matter of time - that planning to live and die someday.