After 3 hours of reading, I am still not finished with The Nose and The Overcoat by Nikolai Gogol. Ohmygod I’m such a slow reader. And it’s not like I’m trying to look cool here (cool people like Justin Bieber don’t read that much, do they?), but most of my friends can finish a 400-page book overnight. Yah can’t do that kbye off to land of the phailzzz~ And it is seriously bothering me because it seems like I read a lot but I’m still on the 100-books-read mark.
Today Zig and I had a feast in Barrio Fiesta. The place sucks but the food was great! Honestly, I’m not the kind who dines in places like this unless I’m with the parentals/older people/lola&lolo, so I was quite hesitant when Zig recommended it. I liked their Arroz and Pancit (OMG See totally traditional?) even though they were cooked the same way my mother cooks them. Perhaps it’s all in the head haha. Zig favored their Ginataan and Dinuguan, which I think does not compare with Kanin Club’s Dinuguan, and thought that it was his most well-spent 120 pesos ever (How cheap right?). I think the same way btw.
I read in Status mag, while having my hair cut yest, that Crystal Castles didn’t know that they were filmed for an episode in Skins (The Tony ep season 2 I think). The reason behind that is apparently Ethan Kath and Alice Glass don’t watch TV. In my head, I was thinking, “Internet killed the Television”.
November 16, 2006
Woman,
You could never know the complexity of my life, how in simple terms the daily struggle manifests itself in odd behaviors. You fell in love with a whisp, an apparition which like the wind moves in non rythmic patterns; sometimes with you, sometimes against. All the while you loved unquestionably as if to harness the errant wind. Oh, yes, I could dry those tears but truth must be valiant in its course. No promises made save those of constance and peace. No trade of fluids to maintain respect for them that follow. No false bravados in personal deliberation and still the unsatisfied distance, the fear. We met, we touched and the spark ignited with aid of this obnoxious wind. You move as the leaf in fall and should be as free as detachment from the host allows. Your beauty and essence must flutter and pick up with each breeze of life to sample the fullness and the exposure. I am the host who never would have you leave and as the leaf which stays on the tree, you would sadly wither and I would be sadly resilient in forcing your freedom with the new growth.
Therefore, now, we must part and in this parting must resolve to grow: watching each other, you in the flutter and swirl and I, rooted in my complexity, never having constance, never having you with me again, never knowing peace. Be fearless, young one, for your truth is yet to come. Put down no roots but sample with gusto and verve all that the wind provides. Look around, but never look back. Tears remain moist and the past should only be a repository for memory not for life now. This favour is offered because I am not all that you can be. With this stroke of your hand and a whispered word, love, open such doors as await you closed. Brave is the one who rides the wind. I will stand and watch you now, moving slowly onward as the mist of time envelops you and your memory clouds my fleeting mind.
You were THE woman; I, merely the man and for all my staged arrogance, I lost, but I take comfort in your gain.
Ride the wind friend
never allow the end
to be,
never look for another
never look for me...
via sothere
